Who qualifies as a Personal Coach?
- A personal or business coach is an individual who has studied and learned the fundamentals of the coaching practice.
- Coaches work with clients in various areas including personal relationships and personal growth.
- Personal growth may include business, career, finances, and health.
- A coach guides their client to set better goals, taking action, making better decisions, and using their natural strengths,
Coaching is not Therapy!
- Working with a coach can be a powerful solution in solving issues or attaining goals through guidance.
- If you want someone to listen to your problems and explore your feelings – you are looking for a therapist, not a coach.
The Keys to an Effective Coaching Session
- Listening – the coach must be a good listener and not respond judgmentally.
- Encouragement – the coach guides the client to reflect, examine. and explore their thoughts. …
- Strengths – the coach directs the conversation for self-evaluation,
- Challenges – through direct dialogue the coach will have you face the obstacles that will provide opportunities.
- Make it Real – leave your baggage outside the door and allow yourself the awareness for change while being guided by your coach.
Check out our podcasts- get a sampling of a coaching session: